Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Didn't work

Well, the ClickBank thing just did not work out. There was a lot more involved than I knew about and I don't have the time for that. Between working my Virtual Legal Assistant business and homeschooling three kids, it was a lot more stress than I needed to put on myself. So, I quit.

Now I just work my business, homeschool my kids, keep my house clean (somewhat), keep the laundry done (sort of), lead our 4h group, stay active in our church, and do any and all things that moms/wives/business owners do each day! :) And let me tell you - that keeps me pretty busy.

For example, this past weekend: Saturday we were having a bake sale to raise money to help out with the cost of sending the kids to church camp this year. I was in charge of it so I had to coordinate 17 kids schedules, get all the food donations together, figure out where it was going to be held, keep track of who showed up and who didn't, and then work the sale from 8:30 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. After that, I had a graduation open house to attend. Once I finally got home from there, we had to get showers for church the next day, and then of course my daughters wanted their hair put up into rollers. I think I finally fell into bed at midnight, only to get up at 6 the next morning to get going again!

Then on Sunday, after we got home from church and hubby got home from work, we had to weigh our pigs for fair. They can only weigh between 220 and 300 pounds and we had no idea where they were at. So we borrowed a friend's scale and crate and got them weighed. We had 21 days until fair and the largest of the three we are taking weighs 260 pounds! You figure that they gain about 1 1/2 to 2 pounds per day, so that meant that we were going to be cutting it close with him. The other two weigh 230 and 240, so we don't have so much of a concern there. But in order to keep the biggest one under weight we had to change how we feed all of them, basically put them on a maintenance diet. They are not impressed, let me tell you. Hubby's uncle owns a dairy farm, and we were giving them milk water (the leftover milk that's in the lines after the cows have been milked and you wash the lines out), so that has stopped completely. Plus we have cut the amount we feed them in quarter and started throwing old ear corn in with them. Hopefully it will work. We are going to keep an eye on them and see how it goes.

We also had to weigh our chickens Sunday. The kids all have 4 broilers that they are in a contest with and they have to be weighed each week. So, we weighed 12 chickens. They are up over 5 pounds already, so by fair time they should be just about right. My son has won best of show for 2 years in a row with his chickens and each year they weighed about 12 pounds each!

Then yesterday, we put our pool up. It's been way too cold here in Central Michigan to even think about swimming, but if we don't get it up now, it will never get warm enough to swim in! So we did that and while we were busy with that wonderful project, my daughter informs me that one of the rabbits is sick. She's wheezing and having a hard time breathing. Great! I know nothing about rabbit illnesses - they've always been well. I call the woman we bought her from, of course they're not home, it's Memorial day for crying out loud. In the meantime, my daughter is crying and all worried that her rabbit is going to die. I tell her that we just have to wait for the woman to call us back - maybe she can give us the name of a vet to take her to since I don't know if our regular vet works on rabbits and besides, I wasn't going to call on a holiday!

So, here we are today waiting to receive a phone call from the rabbit lady to see what she says about our poor wheezing bunny. I hope it's nothing serious, maybe a spring/summer cold and we just have to wait and let it pass. But who knows. We will get our school work done, I will finish up my client work for the day and then we will have to go and find baseball pants and socks for my son, who has his first game tomorrow night. And in between all this I have to find the time to do all the other things that we moms/business owners have to do, like make my Amish Friendship bread that should have been done yesterday!

Until next time.


No comments: